Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Great Dane

car print via pixiemarket

I had been meaning to watch Drive for a while now. I never caught it while it was in theaters and sort of forgot about it until it magically appeared on Netflix one night.

I loved this movie for it's cinematography as well as its soundtrack and it didn't hurt either that Carey Mulligan and Ryan Gosling were in it. I must say, I was taken aback by the story and quite frankly, how well the characters were portrayed. A lot of people say that the acting in this movie left something to be desired and I think I'm going to have to disagree with that. I feel that the music and body language played an integral role in this film. 

I know that most, if not all, films use music to inject some life to a scene in order to garner a response from the audience but I just feel that trendy 80s themed tunes are underrated. I mean, think of how many emotions you felt while watching Dirty Dancing or (insert classic teen 80s film here).

Damn that Danish, Nicolas Winding Refn, for just making an all around entertaining film. It even had the red-haired secretary from Mad Men, whose name escapes me now but I'm sure you know who I am talking about.


Here's one of the songs I particularly liked. "Under your Spell" was another favorite but I am not in the mood to musically bombard anyone so I will leave you with this:


A Real Hero - College ft Electric Youth

No comments:

Post a Comment